Stampin' Up! One Sheet Wonder - Paper Blooms

 


I made 14 beautiful cards from 1 sheet of 12"x12" (31.5cmx31.5cm) Designer Series Paper! And guess what! I got the whole stack of Designer Series Paper for free!! In the month of February, if you spend $90 or more, you can choose a free item (and this is one of the options!).

I designed a breakdown of the sheet of DSP to suit Australian card sizes, and so that nothing goes to waste. I then layered each piece with some Night of Navy cardstock by adding 3mm to each measurement (that way, just a peak of colour borders the design piece).


 The cute little butterflies come from the Floating & Fluttering set - it has a big stamp as part of the set that has a college of butterflies and leaves, that matches with a die in the coordinating set. I stamped 4 of these and cut them out in a flash! ...and I used all of them across the 14 cards as a feature. I used a combination of sentiments from other sets (see full list below). I chose a selection of ribbons and sentiments to go with it, but really, the DSP is the feature of the card and you can use any craft supplies you have lying around! Here's some of what I used - links to my store are at the bottom:


I've also been playing around with some fun embellishments for the butterflies - I decorated some with Wink of Stella, and others with Shimmering Crystal Effects - such an easy easy way to add some fun to a simple image. I tried out the beautiful Gilded Leafing Embellishment on some of the butterflies too - a couple extra steps for the gilded leafing, but oh so worth it!


I made a range of simple cards, medium difficulty cards, and cards for the avid card maker. Here are the simple cards:


Layering is a simple way for your card to look sophisticated - I chose Night of Navy as a layering colour because it's one of the colours in the Designer Series Paper. Each pack of DSP has a list of colours that are used for an easy way to coordinate with other Stampin' Up! products like cardstock, ink and ribbon.

This one is my fave:


All I used here is my One Sheet Wonder piece, a couple of die-cutouts, and a stamped sentiment from the Dragonfly Garden set. Simple and lovely 💗

Here are the medium difficulty cards that I made:


There's only a small step-up from the last group of cards - adding some ribbon and embellishment is a great way to step it up!

This one's my fave from the bunch:


The middle strip is raised by dimensionals, and a few leaves added before finishing it off with a sentiment from the Dragonfly Gardens stamp set.

Here are the avid card-makers cards:


These cards have a lot more detail - they are all my favourite! I love making more detailed cards, paying attention to small details and taking my time is what I love about card-making - it's my therapy! None of these techniques are particularly difficult, it's more the detail and design that just takes a little time (relaxing and enjoyable time!).

Heres' a little close-up detail for you:




I had a lot of fun making these cards and I hope they've given you some inspiration to make a whole stack of cards to send to your loved ones 😀

Happy stamping!

x Lauren


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Brilliance - Thanks Card

Stampin' Up! Expressions In Ink - Birthday Card