Stampin' Up! Butterfly Brilliance - Thanks Card

 


There's a beautiful new bundle available called Butterfly Brilliance, which includes a stamp set, dies, some designer series paper, and some specialty paper:


Today I want to show you a card I made using the beautiful dies from this bundle - There are 6 large butterfly dies, that have an extra die to cut out a detailed overlay, which is featured in my card today.


The background is made with vellum, layered onto some white cardstock. I then used a variety of Stampin' Blends to colour the vellum, starting with the darker of the blues and working out. I then flecked it with some isopropyl alcohol to make the bubbly look. Once properly dry, I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to lay out a line of adhesive and stuck the Gilded Leafing Embellishment on top of it, pressing it down on the glue, then rubbing off the excess. It leaves an uneven smattering of gold that is just perfect! the Fine-Tip Glue Pen works great for this as it doesn't dry tacky so any exposed glue once dry will not impact on your finished card. Here is the background before adding the butterflies:


I cut the butterflies from Vellum (base) and Basic White Cardstock (overlay) and only glued down the middle so that the wings lift a little. 

When I'm layering a lot of pieces (this was 5 butterflies), I adjust them to an arrangement I like, then take a photo - it's easy to glue each one down confidently when you have a guide. Again, I only glued down the middle, which gives the butterflies some depth.



I then added the "thanks" die from the Well Written Dies set to finish it off - but really, it didn't need anything more - there is so much beauty in the card already! This could easily have had no sentiment and still looked complete.



If you are interested in the Brilliant Wings dies or any of the other beautiful products from the bundle, you can find them here. All other products are listed below.

Happy stamping!

x Lauren



Product List

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Lauren! Great inspiration to give a try! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie! I'd love to see what you make :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! One Sheet Wonder - Paper Blooms

Stampin' Up! Expressions In Ink - Birthday Card