Stampin' Up! Whale Done - Blends Card


I have started to play around with my Blends (alcohol markers) and discovered a new technique! Well, maybe someone has done this before, but it's new to me 😄

I knew that isopropyl alcohol affects alcohol ink so I was playing around with what it could do with the markers - so, to get this background effect, I took some vellum and randomly coloured the whole piece with alcohol markers - this was night of navy light and dark, and pretty peacock light and dark - I basically coloured randomly in blobs so it looked a bit like camouflage print when done. Then I used the stampin' spritzer filled with isopropyl alcohol (I used 100%, but rubbing alcohol will do - we have so much of the stuff in the house due to this covid-19 business!) and sprayed at a distance for the fine mist, then took out the top and just tapped the tube to get bigger droplets to fall off it as well.


I have a few more cards using this technique that you will be able to see in the coming weeks because I'm obsessed now 😉

The whale was punched directly from the Whale of a Time DSP, and the sentiment has been gold embossed. The wreath is the white side of the laser-cut gold foil specialty paper, which goes to show the diversity it can produce. The ribbon comes from the Playing with Patterns ribbon combo pack, and the card is layered with my current favourite colour, Purple Posy, to match the ribbon.


I've added a little more of that beautiful DSP to the inside of the card, just to finish it off 😉

For a full list of products used, have a look here!

Happy stamping!

x Lauren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! One Sheet Wonder - Paper Blooms

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Brilliance - Thanks Card

Stampin' Up! Expressions In Ink - Birthday Card