Stampin' Up! Whale Done - Watercolour Card


Here is another card that I made from the Whale of a Time suite! This one looks complicated but actually watercolouring like this is quite easy! It's all about the layering...
I take my ink pads and smoosh them into an acrylic block (you could also use a drop of ink from a re-inker), fill my water painter with water and lay down a layer of water onto the shimmery white cardstock, drip a bit of water into the ink and mix around with the painter. Then I just dot some ink randomly over the wet area on the cardstock - just move the colour around until you get the look you want. You could wait for it to dry, but I use my heat gun to dry it on the low setting - it actually creates a different kind of look, but I like it! Repeat the layering of watercolour so you have 3 layers, but make sure it's messy...this is not some neat watercolouring! There can be quite a bit of warping on the cardstock, but I usually lightly spray the back with water and put some flat weight on top and leave to dry overnight.

I used the braided linen trim and stretched it as far as it would go to get this effect, and stuck it down with mini glue dots - I was worried that you would see the dots, but you can't at all! I love those little champions!
I'm not sure if there are any purple whales, but there is in my imagination 😉 I used a sponge dauber to add a little extra colour to the whale's back and layered in pretty little things - the ribbon is the pool party sheer ribbon from this suite and it is beautiful, so soft and subtle. There is also some gold foil shapes, and vellum punched with the sprig punch.
The sentiment has been heat embossed in white onto black cardstock and fussy-cut around the edges before adhering to the card.


I've put a strip of that beautiful Whale of a Time DSP and a little more linen thread on the inside of the card to finish it off.

For a full list of products used, click here!

Happy stamping!

x Lauren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! One Sheet Wonder - Paper Blooms

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Brilliance - Thanks Card

Stampin' Up! Expressions In Ink - Birthday Card